Teacher service commission (TSC) is a body that employs and dismisses teachers in Kenya. For primary school recruitment, the body can post a teacher in any school in Kenya, regardless of whether the teacher applied for that school or not.
However, secondary school teachers have the privilege of choosing a school to be employed since their vacancies are advertised publicly.
Despite the fact that teachers working in certain regions in Kenya are paid hardship allowances, the kind of risks they face are life threatening. Apart from harsh climatic conditions, insecurity is one factor that qualifies a place to be mapped under hardship area.
Teachers in hardships regions face myriads of problems ranging from poor infrastructures to shockingly bad working conditions. The following are counties (sub-counties) that have been mapped by the commission as hardship areas for teachers in Kenya;
|1.||Baringo North, Tiaty East, Tiaty West and Marigat sub-counties in Baringo County.|
|3.||Suba and Mbita sub-counties in Homa Bay County|
|5.||Mashuuru, Loitoktok and Kajiado West sub-counties in Kajiado County|
|7.||Magarini and Ganze in Kilifi County|
|11.||Mumoni, Mutito North and Tseikuru Sub-Counties in Kitui County|
|12.||Narok South and Narok North sub-counties in Narok County|
|14.||Taita Taveta County|
|15.||Tana River County|
|18.||West Pokot County|
It should be noted that some counties have been listed under hardship areas, but not all Sub-counties have been captured by the commission as hardship centres.
- New Teacher Service Commission TSC structure Kenya 2021
- TSC Online News; Online Payslips, TPAD, Frequently asked questions
- Tsc professional misconduct,TSC disciplinary process, salary during interdiction period
- New recruitment guidelines & score sheet for P1 teachers 2021
- New recruitment Guidelines & score sheet for secondary school teachers 2020
- Reasons that can lead to interdiction of teachers in Kenya 2021
- New TSC grading System
- All types of allowances paid to teachers in kenya 2021