Egerton University has established a lifelong learning strategy that embraces the utilization of Information Communication Technology(ICT) to improve access to higher education and training, anyplace, anytime and anywhere.
Being an online mode of study, it is prudent for students to own a computer. However, as long as you are able to access the online platform and interact as required, the choice of device you use is up to you to decide. Such devices include laptops, desktops, smartphones, tablets, etc.
To log in into Egerton university Elearning portal click here.
To join, you need to do an application. As a new student the following are the steps you follow to be an eLearning student.
- Apply via the application portal for the program you wish to take.
- Upon qualification, you will be informed and a copy of your letter of offer will be sent to you.
- You will then be invited to an orientation at any of Egerton university centres.
- After orientation, you pay your fees and then you are enrolled to the courses in the program you applied
Upon becoming a student, you are issued an identity card that allows you access to the university library at any of the campuses as well as links to the various online journals the university has subscribed to.
Additionally, after each topic, your lecturer provides a list of resources that pertain to the topic content some of which are downloadable articles.
All communication is posted to the site news on the e-learning platform. Email/text are also used for communication specific to a certain cohort or group of students. This therefore means that students are advised to regularly check the site so that they do not miss important updates.
a) E-learning Undergraduate Degree Programmes
- BSc in Community Development (BSc- CDEV)
- Bachelor of Psychology (B. Psych)
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminology and Security Studies (BA- CRIM)
- Bachelor of Library and Information Science (Bsc-LINS)
- Bachelor of Commerce (B. Com)
b) E-learning Postgraduate Degree Programmes
- Master of Arts in Criminology and Criminal Justice (MA-CRIM)
- Master of Arts in Security Management (MA-SECU)
- Master of Science in Community Development and Extension (MSc-COSE)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Education in Educational Management (MEd-Mgt)
- Master of Arts in Gender Women & Development Studies (MA-GWDS)
The degree can take between 3 to 6 years depending on the number of units you take per session (There are three sessions in a year).
To complete your degree, there is a number of units you are supposed to take. Each specific program has a number of units to be taken. To find out how long you will take, divide the total number of units given there by the number of units you want to take per session.
For more information, contact Egerton university via details given below;
- Main Office- Njoro Main Campus P.O.BOX 536-20115
- +254 732 055 523
- University of Nairobi-UoN E-learning Portal via eclass.uonbi.ac.ke For Lessons, Assignments and Examinations
- Mount Kenya University-MKU Elearning Student Portal via elearning.mku.ac.ke
- Maseno University Elearning via eCampus.maseno.ac.ke
- Kenyatta University-KU Elearning Portal via kusoma.ac.ke for Units Registration