National Intelligence Service-NIS is a body established under Article 242 of the constitution of Kenya, 2010, which is mandated for collecting intelligence in Kenya. Its is one of the best paying institutions in the country.
The Recruitment and Selection process of Officers in NIS is undertaken at the following three(3) entry levels. Those seeking to be considered for future opportunities should register and submit their Resume/CV profiles’ online.
NIS Recruitment Portal
This portal aims at creating a database of candidates interested in working with nis. It does not imply existence of vacancies at the moment.
Note that NIS does not require job seekers to make any payment at any stage of the recruitment process.
In order to successfully submit your profile/Resume, follow the steps below:-
- If you already have an N.I.S Career Portal account, please proceed to log in page and update your Resume/Profile.
- If you don’t have N.I.S Career Portal account, please proceed to registration page, to create a new account. Thereafter you will receive your login detail in your email account.
- Note: To successfully create your profile the following documents are required as part of attachment:-
- National ID (Mandatory)
- Passport photo image (Mandatory)
- University/College/Tertiary education completion certificate(s)-(Mandatory)
- O-Level School completion certificate (Mandatory)
- O-Level School leaving certificate(Optional)
Remember that during the process of joining NIS body, no fee is charged at application stage, interview stage, processing stage and even during training stage.
The NIS has three Divisions, each of which is headed by a Director appointed by the DG in accordance to Section 15 of the NIS Act, 2012.
The three divisions are as follows: –
- Counter Intelligence
Internal Division is responsible for gathering domestic intelligence.
The External Division is responsible for gathering foreign intelligence.
Counter Intelligence is responsible for gathering and performing counter – intelligence.
Other divisions of the Service necessary for the proper and efficient performance of the functions of the Service may be created by the Director General in accordance to the NIS Act, 2012
Salary of NIS officers
If you possess a diploma certificate, you will enjoy a starting salary of Ksh70,000.
Graduate Trainees with a degree in any field will earn above Ksh120,000.
National Intelligence Service
P.O. Box 30091, 00100
Tel. 254-20-2225901, 254-20-344248